For those of you who are current international students, here are some tips on how to succeed at the University of Idaho:
Check your UI email every day! This is your main point of contact and how IPO, professors, and student accounts will contact you
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions – we are here to help you succeed
- International Student Advisors – ask anything!
- Vandal Links – ask anything!
- Academic advisors, professors and instructors – anything to do with classes and success in your classes
- Be on-time for classes, appointments or dates
- Participate in class – it is expected and will help you to excel
- Participate in IPO activities, join clubs, and get involved!
We hope you have a positive and successful program at the University of Idaho!
For those who are prospective students, here is a message from our president Chuck Staben about the University of Idaho:
Welcome to the University of Idaho!
We’ve prepared future leaders for 125 years.
A world-class education at the University of Idaho prepares our graduates to succeed in the global job market and we deliver one of the best educational investments available in the United States. For example, Forbes Magazine has listed us as one of the top 25 best value programs and amongst the best overall programs in the United States.
Today, we have more than 700 international students from 80 countries studying with us in more than 150 majors in bachelors, masters, and doctoral degree programs. We’re a safe, clean and friendly university community that values interaction with international students. Our friendly people are interested in their neighbors and classmates, whatever their background.
I encourage you to explore the possibility of joining us for an upcoming academic year by reviewing the material in this website. We are excited to share our beautiful campus, outstanding faculty and friendly community with you!